What We Do
Working within a feminist framework, Women’s Health East address the social, cultural, economic, political and environmental factors impacting on the health, safety and wellbeing of women in the region. We build the capacity of organisations, services and programs in the region to optimally address issues affecting women.
To achieve this, we partner with state and local governments, health and community organisations, and others with a role in improving health outcomes for women.
With a focus on our region we:
- Provide leadership, expertise and support to initiatives addressing our key priorities;
- Facilitate collaborative, integrated responses to our key priorities;
- Implement and support an intersectional approach to women’s health promotion;
- Enhance the capacity of our partners to improve service system access and responsiveness for all women;
- Shape responses to women’s health and wellbeing needs through the translation of evidence into practice, advocacy, consultancy and research;
- Influence public policy and the public discourse on issues relevant to improving health outcomes for women; and
- Deliver training and education programs, opportunities for collective learning, resources and support to build workforce and organisational excellence in women’s health and wellbeing.
Our priorities are: