Thank you to everyone who attended our AGM on October 22nd. It was a fun afternoon! Kristine Olaris presented on Women’s Health East’s key achievements of the last year, of which there were many. These can all be found in our latest annual report (link to annual report) – please take time to have a look.
The highlight of the afternoon was the Women in Leadership Panel discussion. Led by the fabulous Nelly Thomas, the panel included
- Mary Wooldridge MP, Minister for Mental Health, Community Services, and Disability Services and Reform
- Brooke Collins, Wurundjeri woman, Healesville Indigenous Community Services Association Program Coordinator and Co-Director of the Coranderrk Festival
- Cr Samantha Dunn, Councillor Lyster Ward, Yarra Ranges and Greens Candidate for Eastern Metropolitan Melbourne
- Megan Dunstone, Survivor Advocate for the Prevention of Violence Against Women
- Danielle Green MP, Shadow Minister for Women, Health Promotion and Minister for Prevention of Family Violence
The panel members gave personal insight into their own experiences of leadership, and shared ideas for how to support women seeking to have an influence in their community.
Many in the audience commented on feeling inspired and motivated by the discussion.