Women’s Health East is a regional women’s health promotion agency working across the Eastern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne. We work with stakeholders to build the capacity of services and programs in the region to ensure they optimally address issues affecting women.
#GE4Me was a Women’s Health East led campaign to acknowledge the globally recognised 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence campaign (25 November – 10 December).
Thankyou to all those who supported #GE4Me! We thought we’d share these great memories with you.
Click here for more information about the campaign.
Click here to listen to the PBS Radio announcement … READ MORE
Priorities for Victorian Women’s Health 2014-2018
Clear disparities in health outcomes exist for Victorian women. To address this the Victorian women’s health sector is seeking commitment to the development of a comprehensive women’s health policy and action platform for 2014–2018. This platform includes five specific actions from government to reduce the burden of ill health and disease for better health outcomes for Victorian women. These are:
- Development of a statewide sexual and reproductive health strategy.
- Investment and leadership in the primary prevention of violence against women.
- Research and action on women in a changing society, specifically the impacts of climate change on the health of Victorian women
- Development of a gendered mental health and wellbeing plan.
- Further investment in the Victorian Women’s Health Program to implement initiatives arising from the actions above
… READ MORE
Together For Equality & Respect Infographic
This infographic has been designed for Together for Equality & Respect partner organisations and others to use in their work. The infographic gives an overview of the prevalence and seriousness of violence against women and its underlying causes. It explains how everyone in the community has a role in preventing violence against women.
… READ MORE