Women’s Health East is a regional women’s health promotion agency working across the Eastern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne. We work with stakeholders to build the capacity of services and programs in the region to ensure they optimally address issues affecting women.
WHE Submission to the Royal Commission into Family Violence
On Friday 29 May 2015, the submission period for the Victorian Royal Commission into Family Violence closed. Along with many partner organisations in the Eastern Region, Women's Health East put forward a submission highlighting key messages and recommendations.
Here are our ten recommendations to the Royal Commission:
1. That appropriate governance mechanisms are immediately put in place to oversee responses to family violence and that these ensure a distinct primary prevention focus. All structures formed must involve high-level ... READ MORE
Family Violence and Problem Gambling Forum
Women's Health East would like to invite you to attend this fantastic event that will examine the link between family violence and problem gambling!
The forum will be of interest to specialist ... READ MORE
Together For Equality & Respect Infographic
Check out the new Preventing Violence against Women Infographic! The infographic has been designed for Together for Equality & Respect partner organisations and others to use in their work. The infographic gives an overview of the prevalence and seriousness of violence against women and its underlying causes. It explains how everyone in the community has a role in preventing violence against women.
… READ MORE
Together For Equality & Respect Action Plan
The Together for Equality & Respect Action Plan 2013-2017 is now available to download. This Action Plan represents the implementation phase of Together for Equality & Respect: A Strategy to Prevent Violence Against Women in Melbourne’s East 2013 – 2017.
The Action Plan brings together current and planned work being undertaken by the many partners who have committed to this regional and integrated approach to preventing men’s violence against women in the Eastern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne, under the strategic directions presented in the Strategy. The Action Plan is a ‘living’ document which will be added to over the life of the Strategy as additional work is planned and implemented across the East.
… READ MORE
Priorities for Victorian Women’s Health 2014-2018
Clear disparities in health outcomes exist for Victorian women. To address this the Victorian women’s health sector is seeking commitment to the development of a comprehensive women’s health policy and action platform for 2014–2018. This platform includes five specific actions from government to reduce the burden of ill health and disease for better health outcomes for Victorian women. These are:
- Development of a statewide sexual and reproductive health strategy.
- Investment and leadership in the primary prevention of violence against women.
- Research and action on women in a changing society, specifically the impacts of climate change on the health of Victorian women
- Development of a gendered mental health and wellbeing plan.
- Further investment in the Victorian Women’s Health Program to implement initiatives arising from the actions above
… READ MORE