Women’s Health East is a regional women’s health promotion agency working across the Eastern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne. We work with stakeholders to build the capacity of services and programs in the region to ensure they optimally address issues affecting women. buy essay
Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health: Key Priorities 2017-2020
Following consultations with sexual and reproductive health service providers and advocates, the state government has just released Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health: Key Priorities 2017-2020. The strategy, together with $6.6 million in new funding, is a step towards ensuring that all Victorian women, regardless of where they live and how much money they have, are given access to the sexual and reproductive health services and support they need.
The Strategy identifies four key priority areas for improvement including:
– Equitable access to high quality contraception and pregnancy termination services and information
– treatment and management of endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome and menopause
– fertility and conception awareness, and
– prevention and treatment of sexually transmitted infections. … READ MORE
International Women’s Day
A great morning was had by all at the Women in Rotary and Women’s Health East IWD breakfast on 8 March. The theme was Media: Friend or Foe?, and our panel shared their insightful thoughts and experiences around the topic, while the audience of nearly 300 guests enjoyed a hearty breakfast. The event raised $10,000 which was donated to Project Respect.
International Women’s Day ended on a great note with the Maroondah Council HERSTORY exhibition launch. Congratulations to Maroondah Council for this wonderful event that is providing a beautiful public space for women-identifying artists in the Maroondah area to display their pieces. Speaking Out advocate, Liana Papoutsis gave an uplifting talk about the theme Being Bold for Change, and her work with state government as a member of the Victim Survivor Advisory Council. … READ MORE
#GE4Me was a Women's Health East led campaign to acknowledge the globally recognised 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence campaign (25 November – 10 December).
Thankyou to all those who supported #GE4Me! We thought we'd share these great memories with you.
Click here for more information about the campaign.
Click here to listen to the PBS Radio announcement
… READ MORE
Priorities for Victorian Women’s Health 2014-2018
Clear disparities in health outcomes exist for Victorian women. To address this the Victorian women’s health sector is seeking commitment to the development of a comprehensive women’s health policy and action platform for 2014–2018. This platform includes five specific actions from government to reduce the burden of ill health and disease for better health outcomes for Victorian women. These are:
- Development of a statewide sexual and reproductive health strategy.
- Investment and leadership in the primary prevention of violence against women.
- Research and action on women in a changing society, specifically the impacts of climate change on the health of Victorian women
- Development of a gendered mental health and wellbeing plan.
- Further investment in the Victorian Women’s Health Program to implement initiatives arising from the actions above
… READ MORE
Together For Equality & Respect Infographic
This infographic has been designed for Together for Equality & Respect partner organisations and others to use in their work. The infographic gives an overview of the prevalence and seriousness of violence against women and its underlying causes. It explains how everyone in the community has a role in preventing violence against women.
… READ MORE